Effective date: April 28, 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
- Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for an account, register to use our Services, or participate in our surveys, we ask you for your email address, date of birth, state of residency, academic grades and standardized test scores, household characteristics or demographics, household financial information (e.g., household salary, debts), marital or familial status, citizenship status, and veteran status.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, if you contact us for customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and any attachments you send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer your general location information by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, web browser type, operating system version, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with ourServices, such as the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note our Services . Please review your web that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To update your status on your social networks, to send messages on your behalf to your social networks, and to provide other features and services to you;
- To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate aggregate data that we may use to create reports;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our TOU or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Schools. We share information with the schools that we partner with to offer our Services, such as your email, your estimated higher education costs and financial aid, your location, and analytics data collected during your visit (e.g., your device and browser information). We also share with the schools we partner with Users’ aggregated data.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. To help us understand how you use them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services and to help us improve , like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, people you follow, purchases you make, your comments, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
- Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
- If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of ourServices may not work as intended.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
ACCESSING/UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can update your account and profile information or close your account through your profile settings.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 175 Varick, New York, NY 10014.